The mission of CyResLab is to increase competitiveness of digital enterprises and the resilience of digital ecosystems by making available various resources and services, designed to aid IT, software and information security improvement.
Our parent organization, ESI CEE, is a long-time partner of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) and its CERT division (Computer Emergency Readiness Team) at the Carnegie Mellon University, USA, the CMMI Institute and many others.
We strongly believe in a holistic approach to security, both in the cyber and physical domain. Our methodology is based on industry and government-recognized systematic approaches like the Resilience Management Model (RMM), the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and their continuation for critical infrastructure - Cyber Resilience Review (CRR).
Our particular strengths are in:
- Web security
- Cloud security (AWS, OpenStack)
- Secure DevOps (SecDevOps) - Ansible, Chef, Vagrant
- Linux server hardening
- Practical cryptography in software development and operations
- Mobile application security (iOS, Android)
- Secure application design
Successful projects, completed by the laboratory include (limited further information available upon request):
- A security solution for ICS/SCADA systems, used in oil platforms
- IT security monitoring and improvement services for non-banking fintech companies
Our clients include (incomplete list due to NDAs):
Additionally, we participate in various research projects and work with government institutions, like the Bulgarian MoD (Ministry of Defence), the Defence Institute "Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov" and others.
Our team has participated in multiple cybersecurity exercises, like the NATO CyberCoalition.